At secondary school some kids will have developed an idea of what they would like to do when they grow up, or at least in what field they would like to work. For those that haven't, we like to think we might provide a moment to help them. Because at Reptile Encounters we’re ambitious, and we aim to inspire the next generation of marine biologists, conservationists, and award-winning scientists.
Like all of the work we do, our secondary school incursions are based on the belief it's important to have fun, create memories, and make a difference. Our world-class wildlife ambassadors, alongside our winning team of reptiles, invertebrates, marine life, mammals and birds, will most certainly take care of the having fun and making memories parts. And if we can inspire several scientists, a few marine biologists, plus the odd Nobel Prize Winner here and there, together we can make the difference.
Get started with one of our five inspiring and interactive science incursions:
We get up close and personal with a wide variety of native Australian animals as we discuss their inner workings. Recommended for Year 8.More Information
Students will learn the art of classifying living things while getting up close and personal with some amazing Australian animals. Recommended for Year 7.More Information
Wander into the desert, explore the rainforest and even take a swim in the river, right in your classroom! Recommended for Year 9.More Information
Student will learn about speciation, evolution and selection in this hands-on interactive show. Recommended for Year 10.More Information
WHY OUR SCHOOL INCURSIONS ROCK!
We introduce students and teachers to creatures they may never have even heard of. For instance, Pano, our 1.5m Yellow-spotted Minotor is sure to make your jaw drop! Or get up close and personal with Dave, our fluffy, Long-nosed Potoroo! What is a Potoor you ask? There is only one way to find out! Why not choose Reptile Encounters for your next school incursion? Check out just some of the benefits listed below!
- Creating awareness by introducing audiences to Australia’s wildlife, including many threatened & endangered species.
- For every hour that is booked as a part of our Incursion Package we will support a local conservation or education network through the Buy1Give1 program.
- Supporting various local and national conservation programs, such as the Amphibian Research Centre.
- Students investigate living things with a tactile approach being able to see, hear, touch and hold native Australian wildlife.
- Students have the opportunity to pose questions, reflect on their investigations and draw conclusions, while learning fun new information.
- Create a lasting memory of being up close with Australia’s wildlife.
- Save Time!!! When you book our Incursion Package teachers will receive curriculum information, pre-working materials, assessment and activity ideas.
- Your students will have the opportunity to learn in a safe space that’s engaging and interactive. It will open their eyes to the natural world and help them gain perspective.
- Reptile Encounters’ presenters are tertiary qualified and trained to provide your class with a fun and educational program.