Body & Organ Systems
In this show, we get up close and personal with a wide variety of native Australian animals as we discuss their inner workings. Students will learn about and compare the digestive, cardiovascular, nervous and respiratory systems, of animals such as bettongs, snakes, frogs, turtles, crocodiles and more!
Potoroo - Mammals have a 4 chambered heart.
Port Jackson Shark - Sharks have a lateral line system to sense vibrations in the water.
Mary River Turtle - Some turtle species have developed cloacal respiration to breathe underwater.
Saltwater Crocodile - The crocodile heart has 4 chambers, similar to the mammalian heart.
- Students will learn about a variety of different organ systems, and how they work together in the animal body to achieve homeostasis.
- What are the specialised functions of each body system?
- How do they help the animal to survive?
- What are the major organs of the digestive, cardiovascular, nervous and respiratory systems?
- How do these systems differ in the different types of animals?